As a professional, I know I should like all hair colors equally, but I’ve always preferred red hair to other hues. It’s just so bright! So fiery! Red hair walks the line between real and fantasy, between natural and rebellious. Click the style notes for my top five reasons for loving red hair. –– Laura Martin
1. Natural red is extremely rare. Only 2% of the world’s population has naturally red hair.
2. Artists love a red-headed muse. Degas, Renoir, Botticelli are just a few famous painters who loved to paint redheads.
3. Red hair grays slowly. Redheads tend to go gray later in life and when their hair looses pigment it looks blonde, not ashy.
4. Red hair is a fashion statement. Whether you were born with it or comes from a bottle, red is not a neutral shade, it’s a visible part of your color palette.
5. Redheads have more orgasms. Seriously. I have no idea why, but redheads have a higher rate of achieving orgasm. Does this apply to artificial redheads? I like to think so…
Special thanks to Laura Martin for this post. Laura is a professional hair stylist, former senior educator at ARROJO cosmetology school, and a creative non-fiction MFA student at Georgia College, Milledgeville, GA. Follow her inspirations on twitter.