Getting the right haircut makes a world of difference. Above all, the right haircut should do two things: it should look great on you and it should suit your lifestyle. Click the notes for 5 ways to know you haircut is not working for you. –– Kelly Rowe
1) You find yourself putting your hair up a lot. This is your number one signal that your hair is not working. If you are constantly pulling it away from your face and pinning it this way and that, it clearly is not working for you.
2) You feel lost when styling. If you feel like you don’t really have a grasp on how to style your hair or how it should be worn, you either need to get a lesson from your stylist or get a new cut.
3) You don’t really have a look. Simple styles are in but hair that has no actually look is not. If you couldn’t describe your hair to your best friend, it isn’t a cut, you need something else. Even if you have a strong all one-length look that’s still a look.
4) Your haircut is dated. Haircuts come back around, thats true, the shag is making a reoccurrence now but it’s an updated version. Just because a cut worked for you 10 years ago does not make it work for you now. Staying up to date with trends keeps you looking young and fresh. A dated haircut will age you.
5) You feel like your haircut is making you look heavier. Haircuts need to be cut according to face shape. If you get a cut without taking this into account you may be left looking in the mirror thinking something doesn’t look quite right or that you look 10 pounds heavier.