With winter right around the corner, bringing out your inner snow queen may be the perfect way to cope with the icy temperatures. So, how can you let yours shine? Click the notes for tips on creating Snow Queen hairstyles. –– Kelly Rowe
1) Sprinkle a bit of ultra fine silver glitter in your hair. Don’t overdo though just a little bit does the trick, any more than that and you will look like you came from a rave.
2) Rosy cheeks and silvery white highlighter on cheek bones will give you that look of having been out in the cold all day, giving a slightly “frosty” appearance.
3) Have your colorist give you a cool touch. Adding a few highlights and glazing with an icy shade will give you that sparkle.
4) Queens never have flat hair. Run shine luxe oil through your strands and curl hair with a curling wand. Fluff up with a shake.
5) Get a French manicure with silver tips instead of white.
6) Go with glacial tones like white and sky blue for eyes. Use cream shadow to keep from looking too powdery.
7) Find bobby pins and hair accessories with bits of glitter, snowflakes, and icicles. Place them closer to the front of your hair so the pop. Make sure accessories, and headbands stay small or run the risk of looking like you are in costume.
By Kelly Rowe. Kelly Rowe is a professional hair stylist in NYC and a regular contributer to Style Noted