Some of us love to get haircuts; others keep shy of the shears, usually because of fears, like facing a dramatic change in appearance or using excessive length as a security blanket. But we all need to get hair cuts to maintain healthy-looking and strong strands. Frequent trims or mini trims combat breakage, as well as freshening the style. Plus, a little change every now and then is a great way to perk yourself up. If you struggle to take the leap to the salon, click through for seven signs, the time is now.
1. You have been wearing the same hairstyle for 10 years. Not only is your hairstyle dated, change is good and will make you feel younger and modern. Go for a new look!
2. When you brush your hair you “shed.” Do you look like you live in a house with a pet after you brush your hair? Those little bits coming off are breakage and are a sign that the split ends are traveling up the hair shaft. Time for a trim!
3. Your hair is starting to look like a V in the back. A distinct V shape in the back is due to old hair thinning out. Have your hair cut. Reestablish the base line!
4. You can’t get your ends to blow-dry nicely anymore. No matter what you do you can’t get your ends to turn under or out, they just hang there. They are dead. Cut them off!
5. Does your hair tangle easily? Stronger tresses don’t tangle as easily as thinned out ends do. If you brush your hair and five minutes later it’s tangled, it’s time to refresh the cut. Make it tangle-free and brush-able, please!
6. You sat there wondering when was the last time somebody complimented your hairstyle when you decided to click on Style Noted and found the cutest-ever cut on your favorite celebrity? It’s a sign. It’s two signs. Can you pull off this celebrity look? Yes. Go for it! Have you stylist tailor the style to you. If its not your favorite, remember, hair grows back. That celebrity’s got nothing on you!
7. It’s a fresh start! We’re still near enough to the turn of the year that you can create a new you for 2016. Changing your hair can change how you look and feel about yourself, and how others perceive you. A hair cut is the easiest way to mark a fresh start in your life.