Do you lust after thick locks? Have you tried volumizing shampoos, plumping products and thickening agents to no avail? The right styling aides can go a long way toward making your hair appear fuller, but they aren’t the only solution, and if used incorrectly may do more harm than good. But don’t despair, after fifteen years in the industry, I’ve learned quite a few tricks for adding fulness. Click through for the best 7 ways to make your hair appear more voluptuous. –– Laura Martin
1. Dimensional Color: Add some highlights or lowlights for instant visual plumping.
2. Blunt Cuts: a clean edge maximizes visual thickness.
3. Dry Shampoo: Not only does this miracle product absorb oil, the powder also adds oomph!
4. Back Brushing: This old school technique is guaranteed to expand your shape.
5. Darker Hues: Take your hair a shade deeper and it will look instantly thicker.
6. Thermal Protectant: Not only will a good thermal protectant keep your cuticle strong, it also adds bulk to your strands, especially ARROJO’s Protective Thickening Lotion.
7. Massage: Massaging your scalp stimulates follicles and adds instant root lift; it also feels great.
Special thanks to Laura Martin for this post. Laura is a professional hair stylist, former senior educator at ARROJO cosmetology school, and a creative non-fiction MFA student at Georgia College, Milledgeville, GA. Follow her inspirations on twitter @LarMarStyle