This summer we’re all about relaxed hairstyles and hippie chic hair accessories. Inspired by the laid-back vibes of Coachella, we thought this DIY bohemian headpiece would be perfect for a summer festival or a day on the beach. Pair it with sleek, straight hair and a center part for a 70′s feel like blogger Nicole Alyse of Running In Wedges demonstrates above. Keep reading to see the instructions!
- 1 yard of chain
- jump rings
- charm or stone
- Gather your supplies. If you don’t have jump rings, you can remove a few links from a chain with pliers and use them as a substitute.
- Use the pliers to separate the chain into three separate pieces. Each piece should be about 10-12 inches, depending on how loose you want your headpiece to be.
- Attach one end of each chain together with a jump ring.
- Do the same thing with the other ends of each chain, so all three chains are connected on both ends.
- Use one more jump ring to attach a charm to one of the ends of the chains.
Step: Part hair in center, then blowdry roots to ends with a round paddle brush.
Step: Straighten out any wavy sections, then mist with shine spray. Gently place the headpiece on top of the head so it rests in the center part and the charm dangles down in front.